About Haven Counselling and Coaching
My practice room is in the beautiful and tranquil setting of Hill Head, Fareham, Hampshire and has views overlooking the Solent. I’m based just down the road from Titchfield Haven and the Osbourne View pub, about 10-15 minutes from Fareham town centre and the M27 Junctions 9,10 and 11.
I am told I am a particularly calm, gentle, insightful and reflective counsellor. My strengths are in helping clients gain a deeper understanding of themselves, their situation and their new possibilities.
My work has involved me helping clients from different backgrounds. I have worked with men and women, older and younger. I have helped people with all sorts of issues from social anxiety, depression, suicidal feelings, gender dysphoria, struggles with self-worth, through to self-confidence issues and family and relationship problems.
Counselling for anyone over the age of 18, male or female, on these issues:
In addition to counselling, I offer coaching which may suit you if you prefer a more forward-looking and outcome-oriented approach. I can help you decide what type of support will best suit your needs. Aspects of counselling and coaching can be combined. For more info see FAQ’s.
Training / Qualifications
• DIPLOMA in PSYCHOTHERAPEUTIC COUNSELLING (Accredited by the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy)
• CERTIFICATE in APPLIED POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY (University of East London)
• Training in: TIME-FOCUSED THERAPY (including theory and skills drawn from Cognitive Behavioural Therapy; Brief Solution-Focused therapy; Cognitive Analytical therapy; Transpersonal Therapy)
• Training in: ASSESSMENT of CLIENTS FOR COUNSELLING
• Licence (post-grad degree) in Theology with Distinction (University of Wales, Trinity St. David)
• Teaching Qualification: PGCE (University of Bath)
• Honours Degree in French / European Studies
As a fully-qualified and registered counsellor with the BACP, I receive regular supervision and am accountable to the BACP’s professional standards and ethics in the way I practice.